Top 10 2018 Social Media Marketing Trends
In 2018 social media has become the crucial part of marketing strategies for all successful businesses.
Here are the Top 10 2018 Social Media Marketing Trends that has influenced marketing:
1. Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%). (Source: MarketingSherpa) Think about your audience and see where they are most likely to follow your brand.
2. 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Source: Ambassador) Use social media as an effective customer service tool to increase brand engagement and win new customers.
3. 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles. (Source: Brandwatch) Companies need to go beyond their own channels and monitor those unbranded conversations to gain valuable insights and manage brand health.
4. Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot) Flying Point Digital has a great post on how to create an innovative content strategy on social media.
5. Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter (Source: Hootsuite) Instagram has become a powerful platform for marketers and its potential cannot be overlooked any longer.
6. In 2015 YouTube posted the figure of 40 billion all-time views for branded content. (Source: ReelSEO) That means video marketing has gone from nice-to-have to must-have, one that will set the pace for the foreseeable future. 87% of marketers say they plan to use Youtube this year (wyzowl.com).
7. Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets. (Source: HubSpot) Link clicks are your easiest and strongest chance of gaining views and shares for your content.
8. In 2015 Facebook influenced 52 percent of consumers’ online and offline purchases, up from 36 percent in 2014. (Source: The Drum)This shows the importance for retailers to manage their social media channels which will have a direct impact on purchase behavior.
9. 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.(Source: Lithium) Customers are turning to social media outlets to unleash their frustration or questions. Make sure you are actively engaged on your social networks.
10. 2.56 billion global mobile social media users, equaling 34% penetration; globally with 1 million new active mobile social users added every day (Source: We Are Social). Make sure to optimize your mobile social media campaigns and since mobile ads are relatively cheap and easy to produce, test multiple versions to see what works the best. Users spend on average 69% of their media time on smartphones (comScore).
The Top 10 2018 Social Media Marketing Trends above show that social media is essential to any business. Social media delivers measurable results in sales, leads, and branding. It also enables to reach a large number of people at a low cost. The world of social media networks is dynamic and in constant change. So check out our social media plans to get help capturing customers for your business today!